You Are Reading

OUGD402 : PPP1 - Module Evaluation


1.  What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

Throughout this module I have developed my skills as a designer. Before starting the course I didn't know what Graphic Design really was and the PPP module has helped me to not only identify what it is about but also what areas of design I am interested in. Saying this, my research skills have improved no end, as at the beginning of the course I was not very thorough and usually took the first example from the google search. I am now more accustomed to using Behance and Pinterest to find designers which I think has made me a better learner and much more aware of my surroundings. I also think that my presentation skills have improved massively and with this my confidence to talk about myself and design. 


2. What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

Research has been a massive factor throughout this module and I think that this has helped my design development process significantly. When we were set tasks to look for blogs and studios which helped us to identify areas of design I began to notice a change within myself. I use these blogs on a daily basis for inspiration and ideas which I think has helped me to improve. 

3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?



My Strengths at this moment in time I would say is research because I feel I have improved within this sector the most. I now feel confident to be thrown into any brief and have the common sense to research thoroughly so I have a firm understanding of the subject matter. 

Another strength of mine I would say is information garphics. I have liked these since the blog task and have used them a lot during the first year. For my information pack I have used information graphics primarily. I enjoy producing them and like the aesthetic when printed onto brown stock. 

 4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

My weaknesses would have to be within craft. I have never been very good with my hands and building something out of paper. I feel that my information pack could have been better executed and the lines could be more angular and straight. Saying this I did enjoy making my folder and planning out the net. I do think that I would like to develop my skills within packaging and craft but I prefer to work digitally. 


5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?


  • Take more time to research blogs in more depth - A wider range of sources
  • Pay more attention to detail within craft - Professional standard 
  • Time Management - Outcome will not look rushed and more attention to detail would have been paid
  • Explore other outcomes - Achieve a wider range of ideas and step out of my comfort zone
  • Experiment with web design - Appeal to a wider audience and achieve larger scale design. 



Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.