You Are Reading

OUGD402 : It's Up To You - Designers Resumes










This is a resume which I found on Behance, I really like the information graphic style though the colours are not to my taste. I think information graphics are a great way to showcase the vast amount of information which people might want/need to know about how you work. I love creating info graphics so this could possibly be an option for me. 












This informal information pack illustrates the kind of personality I want to project into my information pack. I like the use of two colours for the design (excluding images) as it relates to my personal style. I sometimes think that the tone of voice for self promotion should be quite formal as we have to be professional in the industry but in this case the informal language can be a positive thing as it might reflect our personalities more. 



I love info graphics and really enjoy producing them. The aim of this brief is to basically produce a pack of information about ourselves, this would suggest an info graphic style could be ideal. When researching other designers self promotion I came across this information graphic which Martina Cavalieri has created. The layout enables the information to be read easily, use of graphs and illustrations help her to make her point clearly without lots of text. 















A more inventive way to promote yourself is to create something which is 3 dimensional and possibly more memorable. Personally I would remember something like this creative boost pack rather than an information graphic which came in an envelope. I think this idea is more creative but I do think an information graphic combined would be an interesting mix. 












This self promotion pack is quite organic and down to earth which is quite reflective of the personality of the designer. I like this design because of the stock and the colours which have been used. I want to produce something with similar stock and colour choices with an information graphic aspect as it is my interests. 





Anthony Peters is one of my favourite designers, he works primarily with print but I think the same effect can be achieved digitally. His work is very different to the work which I produce but I like to experiment with his style in my own way. He has recently uploaded some of his self promotion which I like the idea of, part of this brief is to represent ourselves, I want to do this with the package I create for my information pack. One of the items which I think might best represent me is a MacBook as I am rarely doing anything else. This could be seen as quite a cliche but I think it is the best way to represent me and also spark an association and image within other designers. 


Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.