You Are Reading

OUGD402 : It's Up To You : Primary Research

For this brief we have to come up with an innovative way to showcase ourselves as a designer and learner. I had the I initial idea to package myself as I think it will be an interesting way to interact with and audience whilst also linking to my personality. 

Whilst out doing some shopping I came across a package in urban outfitters. It was a DIY ukulele which the purchaser could construct themselves. I pride myself on simple design which is functional to the people using it, I can think of no better way to showcase this trait than by providing my audience with a kit which will help them to make something creative even if they are not. I would like to experiment with this idea and possible create a model of myself which they can construct and make. 




Along with this idea I thought about simple creating a box which could contain a range of printed material which I think best link to me. When asking friends and family to describe me I received some feedback that I was a half open box. I did not really understand this but as I have been at home and cleaning out I found a box which had a clear window in the corner. Looking at this made me think if this comment and I thought it might be an interesting way of presenting this feedback. I like the idea of doing this as it would allow a client or boss to see what is inside the box without actually opening it. I also think it would link to the advice we are constantly given about placements and our presence as a designer. Si Scott told us that we should try and send a physically copy of our work to studios as people regularly ignore or don't check their emails. Doing this would hopefully stir a curiosity within a studio or designer and entice them to look at my work more closely.





I also found this Franklin and Marshall label which I think is very interesting. It is clear that they had a lot of information to display and did not want to squash everything onto one label, to over come this they have punched a hole at the top and created a flip book-esk label which allows more creative flare and more information to be displayed. I especially like the use of the black and white image to cover the label as it gives the label the 'vintage effect' which it talks about within. I am very fond of black and white photography as I think it adds a certain amount of class to an image which might not be. I would love to experiment with this kind of idea as a welcoming introduction to my pack about myself. 















Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.