You Are Reading

OUGD402 : PPP - Self Review

As the PPP module is coming to and end and the presentations/last brief has been issued I wanted to write a review of my time on the course and also how much I have improved since last year.


The PPP module is about discovering what kind of designer we are and which areas of Graphic Design we want to become more involved in when we move on from our degree. Over the past year I have complied an online resource in the form of my PPP blog which demonstrates my investigation into Graphic Design and also showcases my personal interests. 

We have been introduced to many different aspects of design and set tasks which help us to identify the specific areas of design we might be interested in. Personally my interests lie within Editorial design and Information Graphics. I have gathered a wide selection of examples from these two categories and experimented with applying the rules within my own practice. I really enjoy editorial design because it can be as complex or as simple as any person likes, I have only had the chance to use the simple version of these options but hope to further my skills with the complex and complicated. 

Information Graphics is also was one of my favourite areas as I am fond of simple and functional design which assists people within day-to-day life. Info graphics can be seen all over the world and in many different situations, this is why I really enjoy it. One of my favourite examples of information graphics is probably the London underground tube map, this series of simple lines help to guide many people both local and tourists around one of the biggest cities in the world. I have used it many times and find that it is incredibly easy to understand and navigate. I would like to think that when I finish my degree I will produce work like this which will help and assist people of all ages to find out information. 





































Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.