You Are Reading

OUGD502: PPP2 - Working with Printers

____

One of the main things I have improved this year is my communication skills. I have figured out how important it is to be able to work with external printers as this is something that I will have to do extensively when I graduate. For the print module I visited a commercial printers in Leeds, Leeds Graphic Press. I was given a tour around the building and introduced to some of the print methods. I found this very interesting and continued to work with them for a few other projects. I also used Hobs in Leeds to print a 100 page publication, this was quite a stressful experience as Hobs have a different way of working with clients, I found them quite hard to work with and rude at times. I also worked with another small print company from my home, The Print Bureau in Hebden Bridge, I used these printers for a film poster in the 505 module. I have found that by working with printers I have gained alot more experience than last year as I thought that designers would print their own work. I hope to continue to work with printers throughout the third year to get professional results.

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.