You Are Reading

OUGD502- PPP - Personal Branding (Logo)

____

Logo design:

Coming up with a logo for myself is something that I find very hard. I think it is easy to come up with branding for someone else because I am able to come to a resolution, in my case I am never fully satisfied with a logo for myself.

I started out by drawing out some variations of logos that I could use for my personal branding and then made some of them digital rather than drawing them out by hand.

Drawn:


Digital:














After looking at a few ideas I decided that I wanted to look at making my logo very simple and focusing on my name because I think that coming up with a emblem is too difficult and my name alone represents myself and my practice. 





I experimented with different fonts to start with and decided on Futura. I had used Futura in a studio session with Graham Tansley and felt that it was quite striking from a distance and represented me very well. 

Image from type session:





I have chosen to include this image because I think it explains why I have chosen to eperiment with a logo in this style. The photo was taken from about 3 metres away from the desk and my name is very visable as opposed to others. I think that using a bold font does not only apply to myself but also represents my personality, I would consider myself to be quite a loud person and also confident once people get to know me, I want my logo to have underlying aspects that show my personality to clients. 
Using ellen. and shortening it to e. allows me to work with to a wider scale and also ensures that my logo will never be too large for printing. I think that doing this gives me a brand to work with and also options when it comes to design. 



After looking at a few variations of the logo I think that lower case represents me best. 


Lowercase: Small


Futura: Bold


Full stop:  To the point. 





I want to play around with adding a border to my logo so that I can have a wide range of variations to use across different projects. 

Final logos:


__


__

__





















Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.