You Are Reading

OUGD502: PPP2 - Personal Branding (Wireframes and Website)

____

Wireframes and ideas for my website


Using Axure Pro:

On my visit to Numiko I was introduced to a piece of software called Axure Pro which is used specifically for wireframes. I downloaded the software and had a play around with my wireframe for my website, I am by no means a master at the software but I plan to continue to use it throughout the third year. 



__

Mocking up the website:

The naviagtion:

I wanted the navigation of my site to be simple and to the point, like myself. I had to decide what pages needed to be on the site. In order to do this I had a brainstorm in my notebook which allowed to look at the things I wanted my website to do.



Digital Wireframes:





Final Mock ups:


I wanted to keep some consistency throughout my branding and this included the format and information of my CV on my about page. 



Mocked up onto a mac:





After mocking up this homepage I am not 100% happy with the size of the website, the images are very large and overpowering and it is not pleasing to the eye. I decided to re-size the homepage and was much happier with the results:









As a web designer I am not 100% sure that this design will be the one that I use for my personal website, I want to spend a substantial amount of time working on a website for myself and be sure that it works for me as a designer and also a person. I want to work with a developer to ensure that my design meets the agile styles that are being introduced in studios nationwide. I hope that my placement and Numiko will allow me to gain some experience within the web design and development sector and I will hoepfully be able to have a professional looking website for third year. 




Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.