You Are Reading

OUGD502: PPP2 - Numiko

____

Numiko visited the college back in December and I knew immediately that I wanted to work with them over the summer period. I sent the head of design, Matthew, an e-mail on the day of their presentation expressing my interest in the company and also to compliment them on their work. 

First e-mail:




Reply:



__

I was very happy with the reply from Matthew and set out to produce work that I was happy with to show him at the end of the year. 

__



__

Emailing David:
One of the current third year students work at Numiko and sent in some business cards for David, the creative director. I sent an e-mail to david as I had not had any contact from Matthew regarding a visit.

__

David did not reply and neither did Matthew so I rung up the studio. I spoke to the secretary and left a message for Matthew to ring me.  Matthew replied to my phone message with an e-mail. 



____

The visit:


I went into Numiko for a visit and was introduced to a few members of the staff. I expressed on the visit that I had an interest in UI/UX design and Matthew introduced me to his brother who is the head of UX at Numiko. Speaking to Daniel put things into perspective about UX research, I realised that this something that I am interested in but I do not want to abandon the design aspect of digital design and focus simply on research. I was then introduced to another Daniel who is responsible for wireframes and scamp designs, speaking to Daniel gave me an insight into what I want my future career to consist of. 

Matthew asked to view some of my work on my online portfolio (Behance). I talked through my recent projects, focusing on the web design briefs I had completed. Doing this I gained a one week placement with the hopes of extending if it goes well. 

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.