You Are Reading

OUGD502: PPP - Life's a Pitch Choosing a Group

Today we were briefed for Life's a Pitch. This is a presentation based on research for our own business. We had to choose groups of 4/5 people to be in our groups and come up with a business from scratch. Choosing a group is, as always, very difficult as there is such a varied group of people in the class.

I chose to work with Laura and Issy who are my friends and housemates on the course. I chose to do this, against John's advice because I think that we will work well together. If this were to be a real business I do not think that I would make the same choice as I am more interested in Web design and they are both packaging designers. In our group of three we chose to work with Harrison and Sam, another friendship group. We did this because their work is similar to our own.

We wanted our business to be based on the two friendship groups coming together to work as a team. We are all very good friends with one another which I believe will help us massively in this brief. Coming up with a name was something that was done without my presence as I was busy on a Responsive brief and we had little time to come up with a name. The name that the group came up with was two plus three. I was very happy with the name because it is succinct and to the point which I think represents our group.

We have decided to market ourselves as a Branding and Identity company, this is purely down to the design disciplines that each of us possess. I am a web designer, Laura and Issy are packaging designers, Harrison and Sam are editorial designers, putting these together we think that Branding offers us the most options collectively.

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.