You Are Reading

OUGD403 : Message and Delivery Crit 26/10/12

For this crit we were split into small groups. We each had our own time to explain our research and have feedback from Amber, Simon and fellow classmates.

I was worried about my story as I had 2 research tasks: James Bond and Chris Brown and Rihanna (domestic violence). As I explained my thought processes I began to see a common link between these stories with sexism and stereotypes.

With both of my chosen articles the woman is seen as the damsel in distress with man either perceived as the hero or the villan. I started to question what people usually see when they picture domestic violence and with asking the people in my group I found that it is common to picture the woman as the victim. With reference to my stories, Rihanna has been represented as the innocent victim of a terrible crime inflicted by her thug boyfriend, Chris Brown. An interesting thing to look into would be how people perceive people by first judgements.

When I researched into James Bond I found it very appealing though I do think I was looking at it more from a personal viewpoint and I could not produce a visual body of work based on the story in the newspaper. I had a few ideas with regards to approaching this story with looking into ageing in actors and sexism. I found both of these ideas appealing but I was still unsure what I could produce to communicate it. It wasn't until I looked into the Chris Brown story that I found my focus.

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.