You Are Reading

OUGD405 - Routine Research : The Impossible

For my research in this brief I looked into clean up routines after natural disasters. During the xmas holidays I went to see the new film, the Impossible, which focuses on the tsunami on boxing day in Thailand. I have never experienced a natural disaster and only knew about it from the news and reading other peoples stories. Though this film was a recreation of the event it showed me in a lot of detail the turmoil that stems from a natural disaster.

As my research theme was routines I paid particular attention to what the local people did to recover from the disaster. In this movie it showed how the people from Thailand and also visitors came together  in order to stay alive. Watching this film gave me a particular insight into how busy the hospitals were and what kind of system they had in place to keep track of patients. I also saw how easily families were split up and children lost their parents. All in all this film helped me to gain some understanding of how horrific natural disasters are and how they can tear people apart.




Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.