You Are Reading

OUGD405 - End of Module Evaluation

1.  What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

I have developed my skills on software such as Illustrator and InDesign. When we were first introduced the illustrator I felt that it was much harder to use than Photoshop but having created all of my illustrations for the last brief I now feel confident that I can use the pen tool specifically to a satisfactory standard. Other skills I feel I have developed are my research skills. As part of this module has been research based I feel that I now have a better understanding of what research is and how it assists designers in every day life. Team work has also been a major part of this module, I worked in two groups (How To.. and Typogateux) I still feel that group work is very difficult and will try to avoid it if I have the chance but if there was a situation where I needed to work in a group I feel that I can approach the problem and produce a substantial amount of work within the group

2. What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

For this module I have used similar approaches to design production as I have since I started on the course though I feel that I have improved in this area substantially. I feel that I have improved on my skills to ask for feedback from my peers and not just ask my friends. I also feel that my self evaluation skills have improved a lot and that I now am confident enough to approach different medias and forms of design during a brief.

3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

My strengths in this module have been my software skills. I have improved my understanding of Illustrator and InDesign which I feel very positively about. In order to capitalise on my strengths I will continue to use these programs and hopefully improve.

4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

Weaknesses in my work are time management and planning. Though I feel that I have improved on these over module I do think they need more work. 

5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

  • Using different media as my final product (an app)
  • Attend workshops in order to widen the range of work I can produce (Screen Printing)
  • Planning the final product in advance
  • Market research in order to learn whether my product would work if published
  • Experiment with different colours as opposed to black and white.

From doing this I hope to gain a level of professionalism to my work.












Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.