You Are Reading

OUGD405 : Research, Collect , Communicate : Product

As this project is a 3 week brief it is important that we constantly have crits to make sure that we are testing out our ideas on other people. I personally find crits very helpful as I like to get another persons perspective on my idea.

During the crit we were given a chance to present the work we have done so far. As I changed my idea the night before I did not have as much development work as a perhaps should have done. The response to my idea was positive and I was given some good pointers to what I could do to improve my ideas.


  • Think about discounts
One person gave me the idea that I should maybe include discounts within my booklet for popular coffee shops. As I am based in Leeds I could maybe link my booklet specifically to Leeds and make connections with local businesses rather than global chains like Starbucks.

  • The name
Some people asked me about the name of my product, so far I do not have an option for a name but I would like to make it a fun play on words which will identify the aim straight away. Some ideas were to link it to the word 'beans' or 'shops' I will think about this throughout my design process and brainstorm lots of different options.

  • Presentation
There were a few suggestions as to what I could do with the presentation, one idea was to use coffee stained paper or coffee rings. This would add authenticity to my product and make it look more carefree. As my book would be aimed at coffee lovers I would expect they would take it with them when they drink coffee meaning they may get coffee spills on the paper. I want my book to be really interactive and interesting.

  • Inside the book
When I described what I would include in my book I was given the feedback that maybe I had focussed too much on serious factors such as the history behind coffee. A suggestion from the crit was to include a few pages about which type of coffee goes with biscuits. 

  • Interactive option
When describing my ideas I got the idea that it sounded quite boring and not interactive. An idea I was given was to make my booklet as interactive as a children's book. I do not know how to produce something like this but would like to try.

  • Info-graphics
One of the main factors in the brief was to focus on information graphics, the group gave me the suggestion to use shapes of coffee beans, coffee cups etc to form my info-graphics. I like the idea of using a coffee cup for a graph, like a pie chart. I have seen this done before and it worked really well.

  • Language
As I had described quite serious subjects there were some concerns about the type of language I would use. I could have gone down the scientific route or informal conversational language which would appeal to my audience. 

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.