You Are Reading

OUGD402 : PPP - If you were a...

In order to be successful within the industry it is important that we begin to think of ourselves as a commodity. It is essential that we see ourselves as part of a collective as well as an individual. This task enables us to start thinking about ourselves in this way.

If you were a...


If you were a book what would your subject be and who would read you?

I am very interested in the film industry and therefore I would probably be a series of publications reviewing films both past and present. The audience for these books would be film lovers with an interest in the specific genre of Sci-Fi and fantasy.




If you were a package what would you contain and who would open you?
If I were a package I would contain something simple and easy to use within everyday life. The package itself would be very simple with limited use of colour. I would be modern and contemporary but also simple and clear. 



If you were a shop what would you sell and who would buy it?
If I were a shop I would sell the nessecieities for a wide audience an example of this would be a supermarket as it attracts a vast audience. As some supermarkets have range of different brands to appeal to different audiences, though it would seem that their main products are for middle classes, some of their products are for upper classes and with this comes a higher standard of design which I enjoy to produce. 






If you were a poster what would you promote and to whom?
If I were a poster I would promote an awards ceremony such as the MTV movie awards and MTV VMA's. I would be more suited to this style as they are more mainstream and the signature which comes with the design would be more suited to myself. The audience would be younger people with an interest in the film and music industry and also celebrity culture. 






If you were a brand what would your values be and why would they be important?
If I were a brand I would be Toms the shoes brand. I think this would be best suited to me because the shoes themselves are fashionable, versatile and also popular with many different people. I also value the charitable trait which comes with a pair of toms. I myself own several pairs which I wear very often (in the correct weather.)




If you were an exhibition what would you show and where would you show it?
If I were an exhibition I would show a series of Screen Prints by my favourite designer Anthony Peters. They are crisp, clear and clean which is something I strive for within my designs. The audience would be more niche than any of my other answers as not everyone is aware of different designers and also the techniques which come with their work. 




If you were a leaflet what information would you contain and who would read it?
If I were a leaflet I would contain information which is very useful to a variety of people. Something in the form of a timetable or a map. I think the underground map and bus timetables would be best suited to me as they are simple and functional.



If you were a sign what would you show, to whom and where?
If I were a sign I would be a Give Way road sign. I think I would be this because I possess traits which match this road sign and it also is within a type of design I favour, information and way-finding. I would be placed wherever a give way sign is needed (globally.)




If you were an App what would you do and who would use you?
If I were an App I would be a resource full of information focussed around film and music. An example of this would be imdb and itunes. I would, again be used by a wide range of people who have an interest in film and music.




If you were a blog, what would you be about and who would follow you?
If I were a blog I would be about celebrity culture. An example of this would be JustJared. The audience would be people interested in celebrities which is usually considered to be young women aged 16-24.



If you were an event, what would it be and how would you promote it?
If I were an event I would be a film screening of a Sci-Fi fantasy drama which has been or will become popular. I would promote myself with a series of posters which would contain enigmatic quotes and words from the film.

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.