You Are Reading

OUGD403 - Module Evaluation


What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

- Throughout this module I have developed my skills on Adobe Illustrator. Though I have only learnt the basic skills with the pen tool I have found it a really helpful skill to have.  I have also developed my understanding of type and letterform. I came onto the course with no knowledge of typefaces and I feel that this module has helped me significantly to understand an important part of Graphic Design.

What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

- I have further developed my developmental stage of design, I now sketch out a range of different ideas before experimenting digitally. I have found this very helpful as it is a more visual way of documenting my ideas and thought processes. I have also found that asking other people if they understand my message as I am developing my ideas, this is very helpful as it is of the upmost importance that my designs are legible and understandable.


What Strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

- I feel that my strengths lie within the development stages and the ability to self evaluate my work. I now produce a wide range of possible design rather than producing my first idea. I also feel that I am devoted to the course and put a lot of time into making sure that my work is at degree standard.

What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

- I think my weaknesses still lie in software skills. I know how to use Adobe Photoshop quite well but my Illustrator skills could be improved. I also feel that by developing my software skills my work an prints will be at a higher standard.

Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

- Pay more attention to stock choice and print methods. From doing this I think my work will look more professional and the colours will look how they were intended.

- When producing work to a specific scale (2:1) I will produce my developmental drawings in that format. This will mean that the process of digitally producing my designs will be less complicated as I have already taken the size of the paper into account.

- Use Illustrator when producing anything image based. This would mean that when printed images would not be pixelated and would be crisp.

- Take into account other methods of displaying my designs instead of just print format (designing an app) This will help me to develop my understanding of other technologies.

- Experiment more with type and develop my understanding of type anatomy.


Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.